It is the moment we have all been waiting for… The Food Bank is opening to volunteers again! As you are probably aware, for the past three months, the Food Bank of Northeast Georgia has suspended volunteer assistance due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As the collective search for a medical cure continues, the need to drive our steadfast programs forward nonetheless remains. We have attached a link below that will take you to available dates and time slots. We cannot express how excited we are to have everyone back!
With your cooperation, we will observe CDC guidelines for health-safety protocols to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff. These will be as follows:
- Volunteers and guests who have been exposed to (or been in high risks areas; nursing homes, hospitals, shopping malls, etc.) should refrain from coming in.
- Volunteers and guests who have traveled out of the Northeast Georgia area within the last 14 days are asked to wait two weeks before signing up.
- Volunteers and guests must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers and guests will sign a COVID-19 Waiver.
- Volunteers and guests will wear facemasks and gloves. FBNEGA staff will wear facemasks and gloves.
- Volunteers and guests will observe social distancing. All projects will be set up to promote social distancing.
- Project stations will be sanitized after use.
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged; hand sanitizer is provided.
- Volunteer group size will be limited to 10 individuals.
- Unfortunately, our court-mandated community service program is still suspended.
- All volunteers will be scheduled by appointment. Please arrange an appointment by clicking the following link:
Please do consider coming back to help us, but first think of your health and safety. As always, we appreciate your ongoing interest and support.